The Gilmore-Stewart Company
Gilmore Global Instruments’ long history began in 1950 when Mr. Joseph Clayton Gilmore founded the Gilmore-Stewart Company with his partner L.D. Stewart. Gilmore-Stewart was a small service company that repaired speedometers, tachometers, and automotive test equipment. The company quickly developed a reputation of “If Anybody Can Fix It, They Can!” The company became very well known in the Houston area for its outstanding service and ingenuity.
Gilmore Distributing Co.
While the company prospered, its growth was limited and it was only able to operate within the niche it had carved out. In 1975, Mr. Gilmore and Mr. Stewart dissolved the partnership on amiable terms. Mr. Gilmore took his portion of the company and founded Gilmore Distributing Co. This new company specialized in servicing and selling instruments and accessories that monitor and control the functions of an engine.
By providing both services and distributing product, Mr. Gilmore planted the seeds that would grow Gilmore Global Instruments into what it is today. After Mr. Gilmore passed away in 1980, his son-in-law, Ron Juren, took over the business and began an aggressive campaign of expansion. Gilmore Distributing soon became Gilmore Global Instruments after it merged with Mr. Juren’s other company Global Instruments.
Gilmore Global Instruments
Today, Gilmore Global Instruments is recognized as an industry leader in the supply and distribution of engine instrumentation and control products. Gilmore Global Instruments is still continuing its process of aggressive growth, and it has recently begun modernizing its facilities and staff so that it may be prepared to handle the newest technologies and products.